Your privacy is important to us at FOLSOMGOLD.COM. To better protect your privacy we provide this notice explaining our online information practices and the choices you can make about the way your information is collected and used. You agree to agree to these policies by virtue of using our website in a way that leads to you providing us with personal information.
State Law & Accompanying Rights
Please understand that you may have additional rights originating from State laws based on where you live. These State-based rights may augment, strengthen, or otherwise somehow compliment any privacy rights you have inherently or under Federal law. Our policy is to comply fully with the privacy policies of every jurisdiction in which we operate. Accordingly, you are free to use our Contact information to reach us at any time to assert any State rights.
Our Commitment To Children's Privacy
Protecting the privacy of the very young is especially important. For that reason, our website will never collect or maintain information at our website from those we actually know are under 18, and no part of our website is structured to attract anyone under 18.
Under our Terms of Service and Conditions of Use, children under 18 are not allowed to use our website and access our services. It is not our intention to offer products or services to minors.
Collection of Personal Information
When visiting our website, the IP address used to access our website may be logged along with the dates and times of access. This information is purely used to analyze trends, administer our website, track users movement, and gather broad demographic information for internal use such as statistical assessments and website improvement. Most importantly, any recorded IP addresses are not linked to personally identifiable information.
Other information may be collected as well by FOLSOMGOLD.COM, which is rather typical of most websites. For instance, the source that referred you to our website is generally known. Likewise, your duration on our website, and your destination when you leave our website can also be tracked. Other common data collected includes the type of operating system the computer you are using to access our website has. Similarly, the type of web browser is often noted. Again, this is common data collection, and helps ultimately produce a better end-user experience.
At times, you will be fully aware of information received, as you are the direct source providing it. For instance, you may comment on a blog post, reply to an email (whether broadcast message or autoresponder), provide an email address, complete a survey, requests SMS, or otherwise. Likewise, purchases necessarily involve collecting certain information, such as credit card information, Paypal addresses, your physical address for billing and/or shipping, phone number, and so on. Refusing to provide some of this information may lead to us being unable to provide you with the products or services you’ve requested.
A prime example of limited access to our website is where some FOLSOMGOLD.COM content may be protected by a username and password. Whether a username and password is generated by our website, or created by you, these will almost always be connected with some other information related to or connected with you. This is true since much content that is protected on the internet is subscription based, often paid for. Thus, the username and password must necessarily be tied to your other account data. Usernames and passwords, by their very nature, should be kept private.
Folsom Gold California Consumer Privacy Act Addendum
This Addendum is drafted in compliance with the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) and other relevant California privacy laws and its purpose is to provide additional privacy disclosures and to inform you of your additional rights as a California resident.
I. Categories of personal information we collect
We collect information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer (“personal information”).
II. Sources of personal information collection
Apart from you, being the main source of information we collect about you, we may also collect personal information from publicly accessible sources (e.g. companies trade register, WHOIS, local national list(s) of sanctioned persons) and/or third parties, such as our affiliates, trusted partners, including but not limited to marketing, advertising, security service providers, etc.
III. Purposes for collection of personal information
IV. Sharing of personal information
V. Sale of personal information
In the course of provision of our Services we do not sell any personal information related to consumers.
Under the CCPA, “sell,” “selling,” “sale,” or “sold,’’ means selling, renting, releasing, disclosing, disseminating, making available, transferring, or otherwise communicating orally, in writing, or by electronic or other means, a consumer’s personal information by the business to a third party for monetary or other valuable consideration. Therefore, it does not necessarily mean money was exchanged for the transfer of personal information, but the transfer may still be considered a “sale”.
Folsom Gold has taken substantial steps to identify whether any of our data sharing arrangements would constitute a “sale” under the CCPA. Due to the complexities and ambiguities in the CCPA, we evaluate some of our third-party relationships periodically.
VI. Consumer rights under the CCPA
The CCPA provides consumers with specific rights with respect to their personal information as follows:
- Right to opt-out from sale of personal information
A consumer shall have the right, at any time, to direct Folsom Gold not to sell the consumer’s personal information (“the right to opt-out”). Such a request of the consumer shall be respected for at least twelve (12) months before requesting that the consumer authorizes again the sale of the consumer’s personal information. In order to process the consumer’s request, Folsom Gold may use any personal information collected from the consumer in connection with the submission of the consumer’s opt-out request solely for the purposes of complying with the opt-out request.
The opt-out right may be exercised at the following link: “Do Not Sell My Personal Information”.
- Right to know request
Pursuant to the CCPA, you have a right to request information about the collection, use, and disclosure of your personal information performed by Folsom Gold over the preceding twelve (12) months, as well as to ask to provide you with these specific information:
- Categories and specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you;
- Categories of sources from which we collect personal information about you;
- Purposes for collecting, using, or selling personal information;
- Categories of third parties with which we share personal information;
- If applicable, categories of personal information sold about you and the categories of third parties to which the personal information was sold, by category or categories of personal information for each third party to which the personal information was sold.
As per the CCPA Folsom Gold shall take into consideration the following requirements when answering a consumer’s request:
- The consumer shall place a verifiable consumer request. Folsom Gold is not obliged to provide information to the consumer if it cannot verify that the consumer making the request is the consumer about whom Folsom Gold has collected information or is a person authorized by the consumer to act on consumer’s behalf;
- Folsom Gold is obliged to provide the required information no more than twice in 12 (twelve) months;
- The provision of information by Folsom Gold is generally free of charge;
- Folsom Gold shall provide the required information within 45 (forty-five) days of receiving the consumer’s request. The time period to provide the required information may be extended once by an additional 45 (forty-five) days when reasonably necessary, and upon notification to the consumer. The disclosure shall cover the 12-month period preceding the receipt of the verifiable consumer request and shall be made in writing and delivered through the consumer’s Client Area, if the consumer maintains an account with us, or by mail or electronically at the consumer’s option if the consumer does not maintain an account with us, in a readily useable format that allows the consumer to transmit this information from one entity to another without hindrance. Folsom Gold may require authentication of the consumer that is reasonable in light of the nature of the personal information requested, but shall not require the consumer to create an account in order to make a verifiable consumer request. If the consumer maintains an account with Folsom Gold, we may require the consumer to submit the request through its Client Area.
- Right to delete request - you also have a right to request that we delete a part of or all your personal information, subject to certain exceptions (i.e., when the information is necessary to: complete a transition or provide a service requested by you; debug or repair expected product functionality; detect or investigate cyber threats, etc.). Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will delete your personal information from our records, unless an exception applies.
- Right to remain non-discriminated - Folsom Gold shall not discriminate against a consumer because the latter exercised any of the consumer’s rights under the CCPA, including, but not limited to, by:
- Denying any services to the consumer;
- Charging different prices or rates for services, including through the use of discounts or other benefits or imposing penalties;
- Providing a different level or quality of services to the consumer;
- Suggesting that the consumer will receive a different price or rate for services or a different level or quality of services.
Handling of Personal Information
Note that any personal information you provide to others apart from us or our vendors is wholly optional. As an example, you might disclose something in a blog post comment. That “private” information is now “public,” and we have no control over that. In like fashion, you sharing information with any other third party not functioning as a service provider to us puts that information beyond our control and becomes subject to the policy that party has in place.
Our primary intention for collecting personal and private information from you is simply to conduct our business. We can use this internally to better serve you. Accordingly, we see no reason to share your personal information to other parties and outside interests unless you have authorized us to do so. Of course, there are instances where your information is stored with third party service providers, such as email service providers, as they provide services that are industry-leading in quality and security and are far more beneficial to our end user than attempting such services “in-house.” However, you are never required to deal with any such third party directly, they are limited in how they use your information, and they cannot sell or transfer it to others in any way.
However, of course, your information does comprise part of an overall whole. This aggregate of information, by contrast, may be used to understand our overall user base. Further, we may share this information about our website visitors as a whole, not individually, with third parties for various purposes, in our sole discretion.
While we are staunch privacy advocates at FOLSOMGOLD.COM, there are times when even we may be forced to abandon these ideals. Just as major search engines face ongoing compulsion to provide data against their will, so too may the same occur with our FOLSOMGOLD.COM website. Illegal activity or other serious acts or allegations could create legal liability for our website. In those cases, we reserve the right to share your information, or else may simply be compelled to do so by law. On the other hand, there may be times when we would need to share your private information in order to protect our own interests. For instance, in cases of suspected or alleged copyright infringement or other intellectual property violations, it may be necessary to share personal information.
Google Adsense and the DoubleClick DART Cookie
Links to Third Party Websites
We have included links on this website for your use and reference. We are not responsible for the privacy policies on these websites. You should be aware that the privacy policies of these websites may differ from our own.
CHANGE NOTICE: As with any of our administrative and legal notice pages, the contents of this page can and will change over time. Accordingly, this page could read differently as of your very next visit. These changes are necessitated, and carried out by FOLSOMGOLD.COM, in order to protect you and our FOLSOMGOLD.COM website. If this page is important to you, you should check back frequently as no other notice of changed content will be provided either before or after the change takes effect.
COPYRIGHT WARNING: The legal notices and administrative pages on this website, including this one, have been diligently drafted by an attorney. We at FOLSOMGOLD.COM have paid to license the use of these legal notices and administrative pages on FOLSOMGOLD.COM for your protection and ours. This material may not be used in any way for any reason and unauthorized use is policed via Copyscape to detect violators.
QUESTIONS/COMMENTS/CONCERNS: If you have any questions about the contents of this page, or simply wish to reach us for any other reason, you may do so by using our Contact information. http://FolsomGold.com/contact